woensdag 2 maart 2011

Running down the numbers in a colorful world


Look over here, on the dining table! A box of tomatoes. Big RED tomatoes. Red is a very powerful color that you can also find in fire or traffic lights. In the box are 10 tomatoes. A whole bunch. They make me hungry. I think I will eat a tomato, they are very healthy and nice. Munch munch! That was a nice tomato! But look in the box: there are only 9 tomatoes left. That is because I ate one red tomato.

On the diner table there is also a vase. A vase with flowers in it. BLUE flowers. I wonder how many flowers there are. I will know if I count them. After I have counted them, I know the answer: 8 blue flowers. But oh no! With counting the flowers I broke one. That makes me sad a bit. I take out the flower and put it in the trash, and now there are 7 beautiful blue flowers left.

I go to the living room. There is also a table in the living room, but it is smaller than the one in the kitchen. On the small table is a bowl of chocolates. They are wrapped in  YELLOW papers. I look around but I don’t see anyone. Now there are 6 chocolates, but I guess no one will notice if I eat one. I do eat the chocolate, and it tastes very nice. Although I feel guilty that I did not ask anyone if it was allowed. In the bowl you would only see 5 chocolates, because of course I ate one.

I go to the corner, where my toys are. I play with my stuffed animals a bit. My favorite one is a PURPLE toy dog. My stuffed animals are all over the floor. I decide to collect them and put them at my own little table. I have 4 animals, you know… But however hard I look, I can’t seem to find my fourth toy. I look under the couch, behind the big plant in the corner, everywhere, but in the end I only have 3 stuffed toys. A place at the table is empty, and it makes me sad that I miss one…

With a sad face I go to the hallway. I’m still thinking of my stuffed animal, and I look around. I see my shoes. They are GREEN. The great thing about shoes is, that they are never alone. There are always 2 shoes together. Shoes are never alone, and have always someone to play with. I think my shoes would be very lonely without each other. I pick up a shoe and hold it behind my back. There is only 1 shoe on the floor now. Quickly I put it back, shoes should always be together!

I decide to go back to the living room. But when I turn around, suddenly I see my missing toy. The little ORANGE tiger is sitting on the side table, looking at me innocently. Happily I take it off the table and I bounce back into my playing corner. I place tiger next to the others, and now the table is filled. There are 0 chairs left, and with my stuffed animals I have a great diner party. I’m a very happy child!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten